Monday, August 11, 2008

My Tears Dry On Their Own


I'm here because you left me here
And here I sit with no words to say,
no words to think, to think to say.
I'm so ashamed, thought I'd be fine
just agin' here like your favorite wine

You shined through me like the sun,
like the sun when it wakes in the mornin'
now I'm lifeless when you're gone,
like the sun when it takes in the evenin'

I'm anxious cause ya never called
And here I sit with no thoughts to think
no words to peel off these kiss-less lips
So ashamed, thought I'd be alright,
Now I'm waitin' here in the open night

Sing me a song, a little lullaby
Give me a ring, a little kiss goodnight
Bring me to life, a little look won't hurt
Just gimme some love, before ya say goodbye

I'm so afraid, thought I could be strong
Read my lips, and take me along.

"He walks away, the sun goes down
He takes the day, but I'm grown
And it's okay, in this blue shade,
My tears dry on their own."
--Amy Winehouse
- photo by me -

No comments: